Prado Museum houses an excellent collection of European paintings and sculptures.
Puerta del Sol
Puerta del Sol is the main and famous square in Madrid.
Retiro Park is one of the largest parks in Madrid with attractions such as the Fountain of the Fallen Angel, Statue Walk, Crystal Palace, etc.
Royal Palace of Madrid is one of the largest palaces in Europe. This palace is notable for its grand interiors and houses wonderful paintings, sculptures and art works.
Temple of Debod
Temple of Debod is an ancient Egyptian temple originally built around 2nd century BC in Egypt. As a dam was constructed in its original location in Egypt, the temple had to be moved. So in 1972 this temple was dismantled and rebuilt in Madrid.
What to shop in Madrid?
We have put together a list of souvenirs specific to Spain that can be purchased during a visit to Spain. This can be found in the Souvenirs from Spain page.
Day Trips from Madrid
- Visit the beautiful Royal Palace at Aranjuez
- A trip to the UNESCO World Heritage Site – the town of Avila
- Visit the mosque of Cordoba and other attractions
- Visit the Royal Monastery at El Escorial
- Visit the Roman aqueducts and the cathedrals at Segovia
- A trip to the UNESCO World Heritage Site – the city of Toledo with its beautiful palaces, museums, cathedrals & synagogue.